Monday, November 7, 2011

Monster App color work


I have nothing creative to write today - I'm drained from working til 3 am on this piece. I thought I was done but when I looked at it again this morning I realized there were quite a few more tweaks needed- 3 hours later and I think I'm finally finished...again!

I've included several versions with various assets on different layers because there will be animations in this app. If you've been reading my blog I said that I wanted to have animation but didn't know how to do it or set up for it but that someone would come into my life to help me. Well, it happened a few weeks ago - I've teamed up with a Disney animator and he's going to be teaching me and working with me to make this project happen! Kind of the, "If you build it they will come" model.

I wasn't interested in programing superfluous animations in my ebook. One thing I'm constantly seeing in ebooks and apps is animation and/or sounds that don't move the story forward - in fact I'm guilty of that in my Monkey & Croc ipad app. On this one I wanted to create a story/interactive ebook that couldn't exist in physical book format. Part of an on going exploration of this technology. It's fun to think about the future and how I'll feel about all of this 5 or 10 years down the road, lessons learned, bumps, bruises, and hopefully a few smiles....ok, a lot of smiles!



9 comments:

  1. you'll have to school me on this app stuff when you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's anything that you can share on this animation stuff, like what program you used, etc. please let us know! Awesome illustration Will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll continue to post my progress and definitely explain what I learn from the animator. This will be a learn-as-you-go project. I hope to make minimal mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are that person that came along for me. Thank you for the on line mini course. Hungry for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow awesome work.

    You technique is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...